Monday, June 25, 2012

Catch up!

For the last few days our internet has been down so I will post all three days now!!!

June 22, 2012

Today was a good day!
My family and I went shopping. When we go shopping I use my chair because even though you are walking inside it is still a long distance. I got a pair of really great sandals called Orthoheels. Orthoheels have great arch support.




One of my old friends from high school came over to visit for a bit today. I have not had a friend over in months. Friends are hard to keep when you have a chronic illness because people, especially young people,  don't understand why you can't go out when you want to or why you have to take lots of breaks or go to bed early. My friend who stopped by is great and understands. She swam with me and let me take it slow. we went out to get snow cones (which I love!) and then we came home and took a long rest on the couch. It was great to have some social time again.

June 23, 2012

Today my neck brace/pillow came in. I know a lot people with EDS say that they are bad but I have hyper extension in my neck so it is very hard for me to hold my head up for long periods of time and my doctor said this would be a good option for me. Instead of a typical brace or collar I opted for a collar that has lots of cushion and is more like a pillow. It is so comfortable! I would make sure to ask your doctor before buying one because it might not be a good option for you.




June 24, 2012

Sunday is family day!

Also it is my day for B12 shots. My mom has to help me fill the needle because I shake too much to fill the needles and usually wind up breaking them when i try to fill them up. When you get the shot you either have someone give it to you in your butt or arm or you can give it to yourself in your thigh. The last two weeks I have been giving it to myself in my thigh, all the other times I was too chicken to do it. I am not scared of needles but giving it to myself scared me.

To wrap up our family day we watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I had never seen that before and it was great!

For the first time in months I got to bed early (around 11:30 or 12) and slept all night!!!

Forever Flexible,
Hallie Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment