Wednesday, June 27, 2012

June 26, 2012

Most people would not think that lifting two pound weights would count as a work out, but people with EDS will understand that it definitely is. I still have problems with dislocation even when I lift something as light as that! My joints have been really bad lately, especially my knees. Using the stairs now are not just hard because of my POTS/OH, they are painful because of my joints. Speaking of joints, swimming at the end of the day really feels good on them. Being able to take all my weight off my body and just float is a very welcomed feeling!

My doctor wanted me to go to a new neurologist to get more of a neuro work up. He wants them to check for different diseases/illnesses that I fit the profile for. The neurologist he picked works in an office with an old neuro of mine, one that told me my case was too hard for him. We are worried that he will influence the new neuro and the new one will not take me on as a patient. We are going to hopefully find out soon.

It was really great that my brother and I got some bonding time today. He patiently played video games with me as I died repeatedly in every level. I wish I was better at games so we could play together more! Maybe someday =P

Today was the hottest day on record for June (in Austin), within the last 100 years, at 109 degrees Fahrenheit. Of course on that day our AC decides to die. It was 84 inside the house! Luckily, on the other side of the house we have a different AC unit, so we could go over there and get cool air. When we had to be on this side of the house we used ice packs and fans. Hopefully it will get fixed tomorrow!!!!

Forever Flexible,
Hallie Rose


 

No comments:

Post a Comment