Friday, August 3, 2012

August 3

Today is going to be a busy day! I have my infusion and then I am getting my braces! Each appointment takes about 2 to 3 hours, so I will be out for a long time! I am going to miss my Gage, this is the longest I have been away from him.

Infusion is so much easier now that I am not tender. It smarts a bit when they put the needle in but it isn't terrible. The needle is funny looking. During infusion, however, I got one of my terrible heart aches. I thought those had gone away but I guess not. I hope it ends soon! I hate POTS and OH. It is so tough to act like nothing is wrong but that is what we have to do because if we don't then people will always stay away from us.

At the end of Infusion they take my vitals but today my BP was 181/86. That is crazy! I guess no more late nights for me!

After Infusion I headed to an appointment to pick up my braces! Unfortunately, the traffic was terrible and so was my memory. Which left me late and lost. It was very exciting to see all my braces! It took around three hours to fit them all but we found out the elbow ones were too big. ( Tomorrow I will post pictures of all of them!)

Because the ankle braces are so bulky, they don't fit in my shoes. So I decided to go to our local New Balance store to get fitted properly. It turns out that when I am wearing the braces I go up a size and out a width. New Balance shoes work really well with my braces because I can take the insoles out and there is a lot more room.

The temperature in the summer time is very hot, too hot for pants but I want to cover up my leg braces because people stare and whisper. I decided the best way to do that would be with maxi dresses. At Kohl's they had some very cute ones that were my size.

While I was checking out at Kohl's my heart pain got markedly worse, I was sweating, super nauseas, dizzy and I got really foggy. My father picked me up and drove me to the hospital. After getting checked in I got an EKG and it was determined that I thankfully was not having a heart attack! They gave me pain and nausea meds with fluids. After about 4 to 5 hours we were allowed to go home.

I need to know my limits better. I always forget that even though I am suppose to sometimes push through it other times I am not. It is hard to tell which time is which.

Forever Flexible,
Hallie Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment