Friday, July 20, 2012

July 20, 2012

Thankfully my infusion went very well! Tammy, the oncology nurse from last time, came by to stick my port and she got it on her first try! This morning when I woke up my incision had turned yellow but it is not leaking anything so we are hoping it is just a bruise.

I am terribly sadden to hear about the shooting in Colorado. It is shocking that a person could do that! All the survivors stories have been so sad and harrowing. It would be shocking to go to an exciting midnight premiere and instead of seeing a movie walk in to the most terrifying minutes of your life. I hope all the injured recover, the families of the deceased can get justice, and that the survivors can get over what they saw.

Today we left for a family weekend at Lost Pines resort. It is so peaceful here, but the pines really are lost because we have only seen three. There is a neat lazy river, golf course, great food, a spa, and lots of other fun stuff. Right when we got here we all jumped into our swim gear and went to the lazy river! It was hard to keep the port from getting wet but we had fun! I went around twice before getting tired, which is a lot for me!! (And then when we got back to the room I took a shower all by myself and without a shower chair! I haven't done that years!) We went dinner at a really great place and I got to eat ice cream after. The chef is going to make me pudding tomorrow so I can eat with everyone!

I feel really bad for Ben. He does not seem to be having fun and is in a bad mood. I wish I wasn't such a problem and we could do normal silly kid things together. I know it is hard on him and he is doing his best!

While we were walking (and getting pushed) past a cowboy who was singing he pulled me over and sang a willie nelson song to me about me being an angel to close to the ground. It was so sweet and touching. After I hugged him and he kissed my forehead. That will always be something I remember.

Tomorrow I am going to be posting a guest blog along with mine! It should be fun to read!!

Forever Flexible,
Hallie Rose


P.S. I will be posting trip pictures when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment