Tuesday, July 10, 2012

July 8, 2012

I realized how sluggish I am today. It was so hard to just walk to the kitchen this morning. My father decided that he was going to swim, even though it was raining with a little bit of thunder. Him being out there by himself is not fun so I decided to go swim with him! I was very proud of myself for doing my fifteen minutes of cardio exercise (water biking).

 After that I even had the energy to go to the store with my mom. I brought my walker and for some reason I felt self-conscious when I got out of the car. That is not a feeling that I typically experience! As I thought about it I realized it was because there were people that I had gone to school with and I didn't want to explain what was going on with me or why I wasn't normal. Then I thought of how brave my sweet brother is. He has no qualms about being with his sister who needs special things done. He will stand by me and help me walk with my walker or push me in my chair. He is such an amazing guy. He is the best friend I could ever ask for.

Tonight my parents and I watched Dolphin Tale. The movie was so great! I loved it. It really spoke to me. Especially when the boy goes to see his cousin at the VA hospital and the cousin sends him away. The little boy says to him that it isn't just about him and that it is hard on everyone else too. When that happened I realized something, I realized that when my family says its hard on them too they don't just mean because of money or because they are missing out. It is because they are sad to see this happen because they love me. It made me feel so selfish when I realized that. From now on I am going to watch this movie when ever I am wallowing about my illness because it isn't just me. It is about everyone who loves me. I will try my hardest for them so that it won't be as hard for everyone anymore.

Forever Flexible,
Hallie Rose

1 comment:

  1. I do! My family is amazing! I would do anything for them.

    ReplyDelete