Tuesday, July 10, 2012

July 9, 2012

I got my braces fit today!! I am getting my braces made at Round Rock Orthotics and Prosthetics. I really like the man that I am working with. His name is Mike Raney and he is a very educated and well versed man. The brace fitting took forever!! First we met with the Mike in one room and measured my wrists and elbows, I was very excited to find out that I am a medium size on my elbow brace! Before we moved to the next room Mike had to step out for a minute, in the hallway we could hear a small child screaming and a saw cutting. (I know the kid was having a cast removed but it was still funny.) When we moved to the next room they did four separate casts, two on my ankles and two on my knees. The casting took two hours! The only bad part about getting the casts was that they had to move my legs into painful positions and dislocate my joints to see how they dislocated, so that when they make the braces they will protect my joints in the best possible way. I picked zebra print for my ankles, pink for knees, and for the rest; wrist, neck, and elbow, I am just getting them in standard colors. I am very excited to start wearing them, I have been dislocating them a lot lately and it is so uncomfortable.


Ben was so sweet to me today. He spent the whole night watching movies with me! We watched Man on a Ledge, Spider Man 3, and Iron Man 2. I love having brother sister time. Tomorrow we are going to the new Spiderman movie with some of his friends. It will be fun!!

Forever Flexible,
Hallie Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment