Saturday, July 21, 2012

July 21, 2012

We are having such a wonderful time!

Apparently, I snored insanely loud last night. So loudly that my brother went and slept on the floor in the bathroom! I have to sleep on my back until my port-a-cath heals a bit more, it is still tender to touch or put a lot of pressure on. I hope I don't snore terribly tonight! The poor kid needs some sleep.

Today was really great! In the morning my mom and I went to Spa Django for some mother daughter time. She had a wonderful massage and pedicure and I had a pedicure and manicure. It was so wonderful and relaxing!! I am hoping to starting getting them more regularly.

My brother and father went rock climbing and zip lining! They said they had a great time! Ben was able to climb the hardest part of the rock wall that no one else was. When they zip lined, they said it was scary to put all their faith in a rope and jump off. But once they did it was amazing!

We spent the rest of the day as a family. We went around the lazy river as a group once and then I got out and let them go some more. While they were doing that I made friends with a man and his adorable baby, who is turning one tomorrow, because all the other chairs were taken and he had an extra one.

After a nice nap in the room we went back to the spa to spend some time in the relaxation rooms. They are so nice and peaceful. I would love to have one in my house!!

After dinner we went to see the animals that they keep at the resort. There were the coolest llamas in pens with some donkeys.The white one would let you pet it and even put his face through the fence to kiss me! That was so neat!!!

Because this would have been a lot of walking in heat, I was pushed in the wheel chair everywhere. When I use my wheel chair it makes it easier for me to have more energy to do more things. Also taking a nap during the day helps me a lot. It is important to be proactive in not doing too much. Even though doing the lazy river one time wasn't too much I knew that going around again would actually be too much and it would be much smarter to conserve my energy by sitting out and watching instead.

Forever Flexible,
Hallie Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment